Please log in!
Please log in!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kate Vincetti

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lindi
Admin

Kate Vincetti Empty
PostSubject: Kate Vincetti   Kate Vincetti I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Kate Vincetti Sister

Is your character Supernatural? Yes.

If so, what are the details of your characters Supernatural abilities? Kate is a half blood Fae. She can tap into people's thoughts. Sometimes this ability can be upsetting and Kate struggled for a long time with trying to control it. Kate is a recovering alcoholic who used drugs and alcohol to quiet the 'voices' in her head. She is one year sober.

Is your Supernatural on the Supernatural Registry? No.

Sample Post:

There were no serious injuries; no broken bones, no punctured arteries or shattered skulls. No one had died. The gunman had been forced down against the sticky, vomit-yellow linoleum and the dull thud of his head against the floor had been almost comforting. It was like the soft throb of a school bell, signally the end of a too long lecture or the chime at the station notifying waiting passengers that their train was about to arrive. Kate drew a shivering breath between slightly parted lips, the sharp intake hissing against her teeth. The sound of bone to ground signaled the end of what could have been a terrible disaster. Never had she been so delighted by the sound of someone else’s pain and before she knew it, she was clutching the detective before her like they were more familiar than they really were; like he was to be a friend-- though perhaps he already was.

After checking him for wounds in a silly and terribly ineffectual way, Kate was lead out of the corner store and into the thicket of cop cars and ambulances. The lights reminded her vaguely of being in a nightclub. The people moved around her looked almost silhouetted by the dancing blue and red lights. And then, another memory bubbled beneath the surface, swelling until it overwhelmed her vision and she thought she was drowning. She remembered the night she killed that man and his son; the way the paramedic’s dragged her from her car and laid her out on a stretcher, administering oxygen to the only survivor.

By the time Cash arrived back at her side, Kate’s cheeks were flushed and warm. Her hands had finally stopped trembling and the paramedic’s had draped a scratchy, blue blanket over her shoulders. She lifted her gaze as the detective appeared through the flickering lights and she offered him the most genuine smile she could muster. “Great. Perfect.” She laughed a bit, shaking off the blanket and thanking the paramedic who had tended to her. She drew her attention back to Cash, running her hands through her dark brown hair and moving away from the emergency vehicle. “It isn’t far now. Another block maybe? It would be silly to drive.” Though the thought of walking alone did make her a bit uncomfortable.

“Do you need to… go somewhere else now? I mean, rather than...” Come back to my hotel. Kate’s words drifted a bit and she wrapped her arms across her middle, her hands gently rubbing her arms through the fabric of her jacket. “If you have to go, I’ll understand. I guess, since you saved our lives and all, I won’t hold it against you for bailing.” She again offered him a weak, somewhat tired smile. She noticed the bruise growing slowly against his cheekbone, a deep blue splotch rising to the surface of his skin like a thundercloud. She fought the urge to reach out and brush her fingertips against it, to pet him as though he were a small child, not a fierce and obviously well trained Detective.
Back to top Go down

Kate Vincetti
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ..characters..-
Jump to: